- Student Poet Gives Poignant Keynote on the Importance of Representation at LWPTSA Council LuncheonPoetry is an art form, in which we use our words to paint on the world’s canvas. —Marcus Patton Continue reading Student Poet Gives Poignant Keynote on the Importance of Representation at LWPTSA Council Luncheon
- LWPTSA Council 2024 Award Winners Honored at Annual Founders’ Day LuncheonOn Friday, Feb. 23, 2024, LWPTSA Council was pleased to host our annual Founders’ Day Luncheon at Sahalee Continue reading LWPTSA Council 2024 Award Winners Honored at Annual Founders’ Day Luncheon
- 2024 LWPTSA Council Scholarships AvailableThe Lake Washington PTSA Council is pleased to roll out its 2024 Scholarship Program! LWPTSA Council offers several Continue reading 2024 LWPTSA Council Scholarships Available
- Help Build the ’24-’25 LWPTSA Council BoardNominate Someone — or Yourself — Today! If you or someone you know has a passion for supporting Continue reading Help Build the ’24-’25 LWPTSA Council Board
- Do You Know a PTA/PTSA That Really Rocks?We know our 44 local PTAs and PTSAs are out there doing incredible things across the district! Is Continue reading Do You Know a PTA/PTSA That Really Rocks?
- Congratulations to LWPTSA Council’s 2023-24 Reflections Winners!Finalists’ Artwork on Display at LWSD Resource Center Until 1/25/24 LWPTSA Council is pleased to have had 326 Continue reading Congratulations to LWPTSA Council’s 2023-24 Reflections Winners!
- Network with fellow PTA advocates
- Get an update on issues impacting children, families and schools
- Hear from members of the Administration and congressional champions
- Learn how to make an impact on policy decisions
- Speak with your members of Congress about issues important to students, families and schools at Hill Day
Building a goal-based budget is key to the success of PTAs. Learn how to assess your PTA’s financial management practices and how to develop and amend budgets. Topics discussed in this class are not covered in the class “Managing Your Nonprofit PTA: The Financial Responsibilities of Board Members.” This WSPTA-approved training will be led by LWPTSA Council.
Council’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee meets one Wednesday each month of the school year (with the exception of September and June) at 6 pm.
During the 2023-2024 school year, meetings will be held online via Zoom The Zoom link will be published in Council’s newsletter the week of the meeting, as well as sent directly to committee participants.
This is the most important and useful class of them all, as it will prepare you and your fellow officers to run your PTA with an eye toward the important legal and fiscal requirements in running a nonprofit. PTA and the Law deals with state and federal rules and regulations relevant to running a charitable, tax-exempt, nonprofit corporation in the state of Washington, and will explain how these rules impact your PTA. PTA and the Law is a required class for at least one elected officer per PTA each year.
The Lake Washington PTSA Council (LWPTSA Council) serves 44 local PTAs and PTSAs within the Lake Washington School District, in the cities of Kirkland, Redmond and Sammamish. Lake Washington PTSA Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to child advocacy in the state of Washington. Our mission is to serve as a relevant resource to the local PTAs, families and community members within the Lake Washington School District through training, support and guidance, and to advocate for the health, well-being and education of every child. Learn more about us, including our goals and objectives.
LWPTSA Council is a member organization of Washington State PTA and the National PTA.