- LWPTSA Council’s Resource Guide for Cultural/International NightsMany PTSAs host annual international/cultural nights in an effort to celebrate their schools’ diversity. These events may involve Continue reading LWPTSA Council’s Resource Guide for Cultural/International Nights
- LWPTSA Council at WSPTA Focus Day: Feb. 20, 2023Washington State PTA recently announced changes to the schedule for 2023 Focus Day. Focus Day is an opportunity Continue reading LWPTSA Council at WSPTA Focus Day: Feb. 20, 2023
- Nominate Someone for the ’23-’24 LWPTSA Council Board!If you or someone you know has a passion for students and the programs that help them succeed, Continue reading Nominate Someone for the ’23-’24 LWPTSA Council Board!
- December 2022 Membership Growth Award RecipientsCongratulations to the following local PTAs and PTSAs who have been recognized by Washington State PTA for membership growth Continue reading December 2022 Membership Growth Award Recipients
- Congratulations to Our 2022-2023 LWPTSA Council Reflections Winners!LWPTSA Council is pleased to have had more than 250 entries from 36 PTAs entered in our Council-level Continue reading Congratulations to Our 2022-2023 LWPTSA Council Reflections Winners!
- RSVP for Council’s 2023 Founders’ Day LuncheonLWPTSA Council is excited to host our annual Founders’ Day Luncheon on Friday, February 24, 2023, at a Continue reading RSVP for Council’s 2023 Founders’ Day Luncheon
The LWPTSA Sustainability Committee meets monthly and focuses on raising awareness around sustainable initiatives district-wide, sharing resources, and connecting with one another. Community members are always welcome.
The Sustainability Committee is made up of local chairs at schools across the district. The committee has worked on a range of issues, including food recovery, waste reduction, composting, green cleaning, no-idle zones, herbicide-free schools, and engaging and supporting students in their efforts to combat climate change and create a livable planet.
Local PTA leaders are invited to our Council virtual roundtable sessions. Today we will discuss treasurer questions. For maximum benefit, we encourage attendees to view the Treasurer Basics training video on WSPTA’s website before attending the roundtable. Find the WSPTA Leader Resources login and password in our Feb. 6 Weekly Waves newsletter.
Local PTA leaders are invited to our Council virtual roundtable sessions. Today we will discuss the resource guide on cultural/international night that Council recently published. For maximum benefit, we encourage attendees to review the resource guide before attending the roundtable.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) at LWPTSA Council:
LWPTSA Council is committed to advocating for institutional and systemic changes that ensure equity, justice, respect and inclusion of all children. LWPTSA Council strives to be anti-discriminatory, inclusive, and to welcome all voices. We are seeking to learn from our community, and grow as individuals and as an organization.
During the 2022-2023 school year, DEI Committee meetings will be online via Zoom The Zoom links will be published in Council’s newsletter the week of the meeting, sent directly to committee participants, and added to the calendar listing the week of the meeting.
The Lake Washington PTSA Council (LWPTSA Council) serves 44 local PTAs and PTSAs within the Lake Washington School District, in the cities of Kirkland, Redmond and Sammamish. Lake Washington PTSA Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to child advocacy in the state of Washington. Our mission is to serve as a relevant resource to the local PTAs, families and community members within the Lake Washington School District through training, support and guidance, and to advocate for the health, well-being and education of every child. Learn more about us, including our goals and objectives.
LWPTSA Council is a member organization of Washington State PTA and the National PTA.