- LWPTSA Council Board of Directors Adopts Sustainability StatementAt their March 16, 2023, meeting, the Lake Washington PTSA Council Board of Directors voted to adopt a Continue reading LWPTSA Council Board of Directors Adopts Sustainability Statement
- Announcing Our Council Board Nominees for ’23-’24Lake Washington PTSA Council’s nominating committee is pleased to submit the following slate of nominees for the 2023-2024 Continue reading Announcing Our Council Board Nominees for ’23-’24
- 20 LWSD Reflections Students Honored With Awards at State Level5 Students Advance to National PTA Judging LWPTSA Council is excited to congratulate the 20 LWSD student artists Continue reading 20 LWSD Reflections Students Honored With Awards at State Level
- LWPTSA Council 2023 Award Recipients Honored at Founders’ Day LuncheonOn Friday, Feb. 24, 2023, LWPTSA Council was thrilled to host our Founders’ Day Luncheon in person for Continue reading LWPTSA Council 2023 Award Recipients Honored at Founders’ Day Luncheon
- 2023 LWPTSA Council Scholarships AvailableLake Washington PTSA Council is pleased to roll out our 2023 Scholarship Program! Council offers several student scholarships Continue reading 2023 LWPTSA Council Scholarships Available
- LWPTSA Council’s Resource Guide for Cultural/International NightsMany PTSAs host annual international/cultural nights in an effort to celebrate their schools’ diversity. These events may involve Continue reading LWPTSA Council’s Resource Guide for Cultural/International Nights
April 5 DEI Meeting Guest Speakers:
- LWSD Equity and Family Engagement’s Na’eemah Webb and Adanna Abakporo will share information and resources to start and facilitate a community book study.
- Victoria Goetze-Nelson, LWSD LINKS Program Coordinator, will share about the LINKS and Elementary Lunch Buddy program volunteer diversity needs.
We will share the Zoom meeting link in the April 3 Weekly Waves newsletter.
This is the most important and useful class of them all, as it will prepare you and your fellow officers to run your PTA with an eye toward the important legal and fiscal requirements in running a nonprofit. PTA and the Law deals with state and federal rules and regulations relevant to running a charitable, tax-exempt, nonprofit corporation in the state of Washington and will explain how these rules impact your PTA. PTA and the Law is a required class for at least one PTA officer each year. This is the final scheduled date for this training this school year.
All local PTA leaders are invited to attend our monthly membership meetings held the first Thursday of the month during the school year. Each year three meetings are held in the evening. This year they are November, January and April.
In-person membership meetings will be held at the Lake Washington School District Resource Center in Redmond Town Center. The LWSD Resource Center address is: 16250 NE 74th St., Redmond WA 98052. Zoom meeting links for our December 2022, January 2023, April 2023 and May 2023 online meetings will be available in the Weekly Waves newsletter that all local PTA leaders receive, and updated in our calendar postings during the weeks of the meeting dates.
Agenda to be sent via email to local unit E-Prep Chairs.
The Lake Washington PTSA Council (LWPTSA Council) serves 44 local PTAs and PTSAs within the Lake Washington School District, in the cities of Kirkland, Redmond and Sammamish. Lake Washington PTSA Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to child advocacy in the state of Washington. Our mission is to serve as a relevant resource to the local PTAs, families and community members within the Lake Washington School District through training, support and guidance, and to advocate for the health, well-being and education of every child. Learn more about us, including our goals and objectives.
LWPTSA Council is a member organization of Washington State PTA and the National PTA.