- RSVP for Council’s 2023 Founders’ Day LuncheonLWPTSA Council is excited to host our annual Founders’ Day Luncheon on Friday, February 24, 2023, at a Continue reading RSVP for Council’s 2023 Founders’ Day Luncheon
- Nominate a Deserving Volunteer for a 2022-23 Council AwardNow is your opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of the amazing people who continually lend their time and Continue reading Nominate a Deserving Volunteer for a 2022-23 Council Award
- November 2022 Membership Growth Award RecipientsCongratulations to the following local PTAs and PTSAs who have been recognized by Washington State PTA for membership growth Continue reading November 2022 Membership Growth Award Recipients
- ’24-’25 Reflections Theme Search WSPTA-Level Finalists AnnouncedCongratulations to the Washington State PTA Reflections Theme Search finalists! These are the winning entries moving on to Continue reading ’24-’25 Reflections Theme Search WSPTA-Level Finalists Announced
- October 2022 Membership Growth Award RecipientsCongratulations to the following local PTAs and PTSAs who have been recognized by Washington State PTA for membership growth Continue reading October 2022 Membership Growth Award Recipients
- Council Green Tip: Planning Sustainable PTA Events with FoodOne-third of all greenhouse gas emissions are generated by food systems. In lunch rooms, our students practice reducing Continue reading Council Green Tip: Planning Sustainable PTA Events with Food
All local PTA leaders are invited to attend our monthly membership meetings held the first Thursday of the month during the school year. Each year three meetings are held in the evening. This year they are November, January and April.
In-person membership meetings will be held at the Lake Washington School District Resource Center in Redmond Town Center. The LWSD Resource Center address is: 16250 NE 74th St., Redmond WA 98052. Zoom meeting links for our December 2022, January 2023, April 2023 and May 2023 online meetings will be available in the Weekly Waves newsletter that all local PTA leaders receive, and updated in our calendar postings during the weeks of the meeting dates.
Zoom links for our December, January and May Sustainability Committee online meetings will be available in our Weekly Waves newsletters.
The LWPTSA Sustainability Committee meets monthly and focuses on raising awareness around sustainable initiatives district-wide, sharing resources, and connecting with one another. Community members are always welcome.
The Sustainability Committee is made up of local chairs at schools across the district. The committee has worked on a range of issues, including food recovery, waste reduction, composting, green cleaning, no-idle zones, herbicide-free schools, and engaging and supporting students in their efforts to combat climate change and create a livable planet.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) at LWPTSA Council:
LWPTSA Council is committed to advocating for institutional and systemic changes that ensure equity, justice, respect and inclusion of all children. LWPTSA Council strives to be anti-discriminatory, inclusive, and to welcome all voices. We are seeking to learn from our community, and grow as individuals and as an organization.
During the 2022-2023 school year, DEI Committee meetings will be online via Zoom The Zoom links will be published in the Council’s newsletter the week of the meeting, sent directly to committee participants, and added to the calendar listing the week of the meeting.
The Lake Washington PTSA Council serves 44 local PTAs and PTSAs within the Lake Washington School District, in the cities of Kirkland, Redmond and Sammamish. Lake Washington PTSA Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to child advocacy in the state of Washington. Our mission is to serve as a relevant resource to the local PTAs, families and community members within the Lake Washington School District through training, support and guidance, and to advocate for the health, well-being and education of every child. Learn more about us, including our goals and objectives.