- Self-Care Series: Meditation & MindfulnessAre you living in the moment or are you relentlessly thinking about the future – or perhaps dwelling Continue reading Self-Care Series: Meditation & Mindfulness
- PTA Engagement SurveyLWPTSA Council received a Transformative Family Engagement and Whole Child Learning Grant from National PTA in the spring of 2019. Continue reading PTA Engagement Survey
- Announcing Our 2021 Council ScholarshipsLake Washington PTSA Council is pleased to announce the recipients of our 2021 Scholarships. With the support of our local Continue reading Announcing Our 2021 Council Scholarships
- What I Wish Authors Knew and Readers Gained – Disability Representation in Children’s LiteratureJoin the Special Education Group for a presentation by Lei Wiley-Mydske on May 18. Lei Wiley-Mydske is the founder Continue reading What I Wish Authors Knew and Readers Gained – Disability Representation in Children’s Literature
- Washington Legislative Session Lunch & LearnJoin us for a State Legislative Session wrap up at our last Lunch and Learn of the year Continue reading Washington Legislative Session Lunch & Learn
- Recap: Creating Healthier Indoor Environments for Children to ThriveThanks to all who attended our April 21 panel presentation, “Creating Healthier Indoor Environments for Children to Thrive”! Continue reading Recap: Creating Healthier Indoor Environments for Children to Thrive
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee was created during the 2020-2021 school year. Meetings will be held virtually on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 5PM. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Join via Teams – email email@example.com for the link.
LWPTSA’s sustainability committee is made up of chairs from PTAs across the district. The committee meets monthly during the school year to work on a wide range of issues.
The May 2021 committee meeting will be held online via Zoom.
Please contact the LWPTSA Sustainability chair for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Special Education Group for their monthly meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- Parent networking starts at 6:30pm
- Meeting and presentations start at 7:00pm
For questions please contact Council’s Special Education Chairs at email@example.com
LWPTSA Council is hosting a two-part workshop with Lewin Education & Consulting on “The Journey to Becoming an Anti-Racist Family” on May 11 and 18. The journey is a long one and it’s never too early to start the conversations of being anti-racist. As Angela Davis states: “In a racist society, it’s not enough to be non-racist, we must be anti-racist.”
Please send questions to Irene Neumann and Hae Sue Park, Parent Ed Co-Chairs.
The Lake Washington PTSA Council serves 44 local PTAs & PTSAs within the Lake Washington School District, in the cities of Kirkland, Redmond, Sammamish, Bellevue and Woodinville. Lake Washington PTSA Council is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to child advocacy in the state of Washington. Our mission is to serve as a relevant resource to the local PTAs, families and community members within the Lake Washington School District through training, support, and guidance, and to advocate for the health, well-being, and education of every child. Learn more about us including our goals and objectives.