The Lake Washington PTSA Council serves the local PTAs & PTSAs within the Lake Washington School District, in the cities of Kirkland, Redmond, Sammamish, Bellevue and Woodinville. We serve 44 PTAs and PTSAs with over 15,000 members.
Lake Washington PTSA Council is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to child advocacy in the state of Washington. Lake Washington PTSA Council is part of Region 2 of Washington State PTA and is also part of National PTA.
Our Standing Rules – last updated November 5, 2020
To serve as a relevant resource to the local PTAs, families and community members within the Lake Washington School District through training, support, and guidance, and to advocate for the health, well-being, and education of every child.
Goals & Objectives
- Communicate with local PTAs, Washington State PTA and National PTA.
- Grow leaders.
- Engage families and community.
- Advocate for the whole child across our communities by providing opportunities for and education around advocacy at all levels of administration and government. Facilitate active participation in the legislative process.
- Support children and PTAs through programs and resources.
- Retain, promote and increase membership.
PTA is the largest grassroots child advocacy organization in the United States, dedicated to the welfare of all children for over 100 years.