Reflections is a National PTA arts in education program. The program was started in 1969 and is the largest arts in education program of its kind in the United States. Students have the opportunity to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works created around a theme. Reflections is not “just an art contest.” It helps kids take risks, be inspired, think creatively and be celebrated for their creativity and work. Studies have shown there is a positive relationship between the arts and wellbeing. Get more information about the National PTA Reflections program.
Reflections Categories and Divisions
Lake Washington PTSA Council Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Entries are accepted in 6 categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography and Visual Arts. Note: Our council program does not accept 3-D artwork at this time.
2020-2021 Key Dates
- September 21, 2020 – Kick off meeting
- November 19, 2020 – Online turn-in day for registered entries advancing to council.
- November 20-21, 2020 – Council review
- December 7-10, 2020 – Estimated dates of judging week
- January – February 2021 – Virtual open house
- January 22, 2021 – Council entries due to Washington State
- February 2021 – Virtual Founders’ Day celebration featuring Reflections artwork
News and Updates
- 2020-2021 WSPTA Reflections Finalists
- 2020-2021 Reflections Open House
- LWPTSA Council 2020-2021 Reflections Results
- Reflections 2022-2023 Theme Search
- Reflections 2020 Kick Off
- WA State PTA Reflections Finalists
How-to for Local PTAs
Council is here to help you with your Reflections program. Each fall there is a kick-off training event for local Reflections chairs. We also have a communications group used for helpful tips and reminders. Contact the Council Reflections Chairs at email@example.com.
Documents, Forms and Guides
The guide, rules, and all the necessary forms are located on the Washington State PTA Reflections web page. Local PTAs can find resources and checklists for running a Reflections program here.
- Only official student entry forms for Washington State are accepted. Local PTAs should pre-fill the PTA information section before distributing the form to students.
- 2020-2021 Kick Off Presentation – instructions and tips for running a successful Reflections program.
- 2020-2021 Turn-In Presentation – training for local PTAs on turning in to council.
- Local Unit Id Numbers – for all PTAs in our council.
2020-2021 LWPTSA Reflections Co-Chairs: Mindy Lincicome and Tanya Dimpsey
Got questions? Contact the council’s Reflections team at firstname.lastname@example.org