Reflections is a National PTA arts in education program. The program was started in 1969 and is the largest arts in education program of its kind in the United States. Students have the opportunity to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works created around a theme. Reflections is not “just an art contest.” It helps kids take risks, be inspired, think creatively and be celebrated for their creativity and work. Studies have shown there is a positive relationship between the arts and wellbeing. Get more information about the National PTA Reflections program.
Reflections Categories and Divisions
Lake Washington PTSA Council Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Entries are accepted in 6 categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography and Visual Arts. Note: Our council program does not accept 3-D artwork at this time.
2021-2022 Key Dates
- Monday, September 27, 2021 – Kick off meeting
- Thursday, November 18, 2021 – deadline for local chairs to electronically submit entries to Council
- Friday/Saturday, November 19-20, 2021 – chairs meet with Council leaders review entries (by appointment)
- December 6-17, 2021 – Council judging process
- Thursday, January 6, 2022 – target date for council winners announcement
- January 2022 – recognition event
- January 21, 2022 – Council entries due to Washington State
- February 2022 – Virtual Founders’ Day celebration featuring Reflections artwork
- Late March 2022 – results of WSPTA Reflections competition announced
- Late May 2022 – results of National PTA Reflections competition announced
News and Updates
- Reflections 2023-2024 Theme Search
- 2020-2021 National PTA Reflections Finalists
- 2020-2021 WSPTA Reflections Finalists
- 2020-2021 Reflections Open House
- LWPTSA Council 2020-2021 Reflections Results
How-to for Local PTAs
Council is here to help you with your Reflections program. Each fall there is a kick-off training event for local Reflections chairs. We also have a communications group used for helpful tips and reminders. Contact the Council Reflections Chairs at email@example.com.
Documents, Forms and Guides
The guide, rules, and all the necessary forms are located on the Washington State PTA Reflections web page. Local PTAs can find resources and checklists for running a Reflections program here.
- Only official student entry forms for Washington State are accepted. Local PTAs should pre-fill the PTA information section before distributing the form to students.
- 2021-2022 Presentation – instructions and tips for running a successful Reflections program.
- Local Unit Id Numbers – for all PTAs in our council.
2021-2022 LWPTSA Reflections Co Chairs: POSITION OPEN
Got questions? Contact the council’s Reflections team at firstname.lastname@example.org