Looking for a handbook, guidelines or sample document? Here are some frequently requested documents.
Washington State provides leadership guides and materials for all PTA leaders including position-specific handbooks for president, treasurer, secretary, and a variety of chair positions.
Log in with your National PTA profile to gain access is a comprehensive digital guide designed to help you learn the basics of running your PTA unit. These tools and templates, online resources and training courses will inform your work as you establish your PTA and volunteer roles and throughout the year, ensuring that your PTA stays on track.
National PTA has established guidelines for the proper use of the PTA name, logos, and tagline. When used properly, PTA’s logo and tagline create a consistent message, help to unify all PTAs, and set PTA apart from other groups.
LWPTSA Council Documents
(Updated Oct. 28, 2023)
- Committee Plan of Action (DOC)
- Committee Budget Worksheet (XLS)
- Board and Committee Chair Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Committee Chair Guidelines (PDF)
- Committee Program Evaluation (PDF)
- Standing Rules (PDF) – Updated May 4, 2023
- Payment Request Form (PDF)
- Payment Request Form (DOC)
- Financial Equity Program Grant Application (PDF)
Nominating Committee Documents
- WSPTA Nominating Committees Handbook (PDF) (Under “Board Resources” — password-protected)
- Sample Questions for Nom Comm (PDF) (Under “Board Resources” — password-protected)
- Nom Comm Tracking Template (XLS)
- Nom Comm Report Form (PDF)
- Recommendation for Nomination for Office (DOC)
Grant Program Handbook and Samples
- LWPTSA Grants Handbook – September 2017 (PDF)
- Grant Policies and Procedures – Sample (PDF)
- Grant Application – Sample (PDF)
- Grant Application Summary Document – Sample (PDF)
- Grant Approval (or Rejection) Letter (PDF)
- Restricted Grant Letter – Sample (PDF)
- Committee Plan of Action Report – Sample (PDF)
- Program Evaluation Form – Sample (PDF)