2021-2022 Sustainability Chair: Nirali Shah
The LWPTSA Sustainability Committee is made up of local chairs at schools across the district. The committee has worked on a range of issues, including food recovery, waste reduction, composting, green cleaning, no-idle zones, herbicide-free schools, and engaging and supporting students in their efforts to combat climate change and create a livable planet.
Sustainability Committee Meetings
Meetings are from 11am – 12:30pm. Meetings will start off virtually this year with a goal of moving towards hybrid/in-person meetings at the LWSD Resource Center in Redmond.
- Monday, September 13, 2021, online via Zoom
- Tuesday, October 5, 2021
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Tuesday, January 11, 2022
- Tuesday, February 8, 2022
- Tuesday, March 8, 2022
- Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Sustainability Articles and Updates
- Recap: Creating Healthier Indoor Environments for Children to Thrive
- Calling all Students – Come Together to Make an Earth Day Video
- Creating Healthier Indoor Environments for Children to Thrive
- Sustainability Tip: Lead by Example by Reducing Plastic Waste in Your PTA!
- Sustainability Tip: Reducing Plastic Waste is a Win-Win
- Finding the Green Lining
- Sustainable Gift-Giving Tips
- Waste Reduction Best Practices
- Lake Washington PTSA Council Waste Reduction Best Practices – A compilation of best practices for PTAs to practice sustainability by reducing waste.
- Earth Day Student Video – All LWSD students were invited to share their thoughts for Earth Day. Watch the final result!
- “Creating Healthier Indoor Environments for Children to Thrive” – Panel Discussion Recap from April 2021
- Lake Washington School District Sustainability
- City of Kirkland Sustainability Master Plan
- King County Green Schools Program
- Sustainability Ambassadors
To learn more please contact the LWPTSA Sustainability Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org