In order to support the 44 local units in our council, a number of volunteers are needed. Below are some of the volunteer opportunities that are currently available. If you have questions please contact the Co Presidents Brandi Comstock & Yumna Green at email@example.com. This page was last updated on 11/20/2021.
- Secretary – The Secretary participates in the agenda planning meetings for board and council meetings, prepares the agenda for distribution, sends meeting reminders, and also takes minutes at the monthly general membership and board meetings. Record keeping duties also include reading correspondence at the general membership meetings, keeping meeting attendance logs, and managing the Standards of Affiliation documentation.
- VP Advocacy – The VP Advocacy works with local unit representatives, the council presidents, and Lake Washington School District. They advocate for the whole child across our communities by providing opportunities for and education around advocacy at all levels of administration and government. Facilitate active participation in the legislative process. Educate members about the advocacy process, issues relevant to children, and advocacy opportunities.
- VP FACE – The job of the VP of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is to
- Co-Chair Reflections – The Reflections Co Chairs coordinate the council-level submission, judging, and elevation to the next level of the competitive entries from each local unit. The chairs are responsible for a recognition event in January for all the council-level participants The chairs work closely with the Programs VP and Washington State PTA reflections committee. Time commitment is through February.
- Scholarship Chair – The Scholarship Chair works with a committee of at least two other people to promote and administer the scholarship program. This chair coordinates closely with the Programs VP and local high school counselors to administer this online program. Time commitment is through June.
Other Volunteer Positions
These positions are an excellent way to learn more about various council programs and can serve as a stepping stone to future leadership positions if desired.
- Currents Editor – Work with the Co presidents and Communications Chair to compile and curate content for the monthly newsletter on the third Monday of the month, August – June. Publish the newsletter given content submitted before the previous Thursday.
- Website Editor – Work with the Communications Chair to update the council website as needed. Promote events and opportunities through calendar and blog posts.
- Scholarship Committee – assist with running the scholarship program. Time commitment is through May.