Washington State PTA held its 45th annual Legislative Assembly Oct. 21-22, 2023. This virtual event was an incredible weekend of advocacy, education and networking, where delegates adopted several additions and updates to WSPTA’s 2023-24 Legislative Priorities and our permanent resolutions. The theme this year was school facilities, and we heard from guest presenters and panels on this important but often-overlooked topic that is crucial to student safety and learning.
The amended top 5 issue and the new also-supported issue can be found on the 2023-24 Legislative Priorities document as well as on the Advocacy webpage. The new or updated resolutions are available on WSPTA’s Resolutions page.
Save these advocacy dates:
- Deadline to Submit New or Amended Resolutions for Consideration at the Spring Convention — Nov. 15, 2023 at noon
- Legislative Session Preview: Legislator Panel — Dec. 13, 2023
- What to Expect in the 2024 Legislative Session With Marie Sullivan, WSPTA Legislative Consultant — Jan. 3, 2024
- Focus Day in Olympia (Kids welcome!) — Jan. 15, 2024
- Advocacy Week (Virtual) — Jan. 15–19, 2024