Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is the cornerstone of any successful PTA. Reaching out to students and families to provide support, services and community is the best way to maintain a healthy PTA membership and to ensure that every child has a voice in your school. Some important questions to talk about as a board are:
- Who is present at your school?
- Who is participating in PTA, and who is not?
- How does your PTA reach out to include those people who are not currently “at the table”?
- How do your parents know what you are providing to them?
- Do your families know that PTA exists at your school?
- How do you make your PTA visible on your campus?
- Are teacher and staff valued, respected partners?
Lake Washington PTA Council’s mission is to provide support to all PTAs in the Lake Washington School District (LWSD) to help them achieve their goals. FACE is a component of everything we do. Got questions? Contact the VP of Family and Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent Ed Recap: Understanding Youth Substance Use
- Safety & Emergency Preparedness Webinars
- Council Connections
- Partnerships to Support Academic Engagement in Inclusive Environments
- From Awareness to Action: Understanding Youth Substance Use
- Parent Ed: LGBTQ+ Panel
- Engagement Grant Update
Lake Washington PTSA Council supports parent education with programing, grant opportunities for PTAs and community outreach. Learn more about parent education programs and events.
New and International Family Welcome Events
The Lake Washington School District is made up of families from many different cultures. In recognition of this the LWPTSA Council in partnership with LWSD hosts a New and International Families Welcome event each year. Learn more about these events.
Transformative Family Engagement and Whole Child Learning Grant
Our Council was awarded National PTA’s Transformative Family Engagement and Whole Child Learning Grant in the spring of 2019. Get an update on the grant.
Family and Community Engagement Resources
Lake Washington PTSA Council has created a community outreach resource center for use by our schools administrators and PTSAs to provide information and connections for families in need of the various local, state and federal services available. Visit the Community Resources page.