2020-2021 DEI Co-Chairs: Sequoya Lange and Sabeet Sidhu, firstname.lastname@example.org
In the 2020-2021 year, the LWPTSA Council added a new position for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Chair. Our council is committed to advocate for institutional and systemic changes that ensure equity, justice, respect, and inclusion of all children. LWPTSA Council strives to be anti-discriminatory, inclusive, and welcome all voices. We are seeking to learn from our community and grow as individuals, and as an organization.
DEI Committee Meetings
Council’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 5PM. For the 2020-2021 school year, meetings will occur in Teams. The meeting link is published in the Council’s newsletter the week of the meeting.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Updates
- LWPTSA Council Anti-Racism Statement
- Family Resources for Talking about Race & Social Justice
- LWPTSA Special Education Group April 2021 Meeting
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Tip: Nominating Committee
- Unconscious Bias Resources
- Partnerships to Support Academic Engagement in Inclusive Environments
- October is Disability History Month
- Presidents and Principals 2020
- New Chair of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- WSPTA and National PTA Address Inequities
National PTA Resources
- Building a More Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive PTA
- Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit, 2016 (PDF)
- LGBTQ Community Inclusivity in PTA
- LGBTQ Glossary, 2020 (PDF)
- PTA Local Leader Guidance for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, 2020 (PDF)
- Supporting Multicultural Membership Growth
National PTA Statements
National PTA Position Statements are official documents outlining the opinion, will, or intent of the association and require national action to seek resolution on the issue.
- Addressing Institutional or Systemic Racism PS (PDF)
- Inclusive Curriculum in K-12 Schools Position Statement (PDF)
For any questions, please contact the DEI co-chairs at email@example.com.