Lake Washington PTSA Council has created a community outreach resource center for use by our schools administrators and PTSAs to provide information and connections for families in need of the various local, state and federal services available. Included in this one-click resource center:
- Comprehensive spreadsheet of services divided by service needs (housing, food, finances, etc.).
- One-sheet printable flyers for distribution for the main areas of need (food, shelter, language help, counseling) available in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Russian
- Quick look list of HELP NOW resources
Please contact LWPTSA’s VP of Family and Community Engagement at email@example.com if you have any questions or additions to the resources that are presented here.
LWSD Community Resource Spreadsheet
Last updated in April 2014. Includes resources organized by topics including: child care, clothing, counseling, dental care, domestic violence, financial resources, food, furniture, healthcare, housing, job assistance, language help, legal, mental health, phone, school supplies, special needs, substance abuse/addiction, transportation, utilities and youth.
Get Help Now
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
Lake Washington School District can help. Contact: Donna Baillie, McKinney Vento/Foster Care Liaison at 425-936-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopelink Food Bank and Emergency Services Offers help with food, housing, transportation, employment, energy assistance and more. Multiple locations on the Eastside.
Crisis Connections – 24-hour Crisis Hotline at 866-4-CRISIS (866-427-4747)
For suicidal thoughts, anxiety, loneliness, depression, problems with family or friends.
Friends of Youth Emergency Shelter
Connects young people with trained staff to find emergency shelter
Ages 11-17 206-236-KIDS (5437)
Ages 18-24 425-449-3868
Washington Recovery Help Line 1-866-789-1511
Anonymous and confidential help line that provides crisis intervention and referral services with professionally trained volunteers and staff available to provide emotional support 24-hours a day, and offer local treatment resources for substance abuse, problem gambling and mental health, as well as other community services.
Downloadable Resource Flyers
- Food Outreach Flyer – Chinese
- Shelter Outreach Flyer – Chinese
- Language Outreach Flyer – Chinese
- Counseling Outreach Flyer – Chinese
- Food Outreach Flyer – Russian
- Shelter Outreach Flyer – Russian
- Language Outreach Flyer – Russian
- Counseling Outreach Flyer – Russian