2020-2021 Sustainability Chair: Stephanie Lecovin
The LWPTSA Sustainability Committee is made up of local chairs at schools across the district. The committee has worked on a range of issues, including food recovery, waste reduction, composting, green cleaning, no-idle zones, herbicide-free schools, and engaging and supporting students in their efforts to combat climate change and create a livable planet.
- Waste Reduction Best Practices – A compilation of best practices for PTAs to practice sustainability by reducing waste.
- Sustainable Gift Giving – Tips to help avoid unnecessary waste and promote sustainability during the holiday season and throughout the year.
- Earth Day Tips – A compilation of simple ideas to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day in 2020.
Sustainability Committee Meetings
Fall 2020 Update: Please note that all meetings will be held virtually while LWSD is remote. Sustainability Committee meetings are held at the LWSD Resource Center in Redmond. Most meetings are from 10am-11:30am. Date or time changes will be communicated to local chairs prior to the meeting.
- September 10, 2020
- October 8, 2020
- November 12, 2020
- December 10, 2020
- January 14, 2021
- February 18, 2021
- March 11, 2021
- April 15, 2021
- May 13, 2021
- June 10, 2021
Sustainability Resource Sites
- Lake Washington School District Sustainability
- City of Kirkland Sustainability Master Plan
- King County Green Schools Program
- Sustainability Ambassadors
To learn more please contact the LWPTSA Sustainability Chair at email@example.com