2020-2021 Sustainability Chair: Stephanie Lecovin
The LWPTSA Sustainability Committee is made up of local chairs at schools across the district. The committee has worked on a range of issues, including food recovery, waste reduction, composting, green cleaning, no-idle zones, herbicide-free schools, and engaging and supporting students in their efforts to combat climate change and create a livable planet.
Sustainability Chairs 2019-2020 – 30 PTAs or schools in Lake Washington have sustainability chairs. Is your school on the list? Want to get involved? Contact LWPTSA Sustainability Chair Stephanie Lecovin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waste Reduction Best Practices – A compilation of best practices for PTAs to practice sustainability by reducing waste.
- Sustainable Gift Giving – Tips to help avoid unnecessary waste and promote sustainability during the holiday season and throughout the year.
- Earth Day Tips – A compilation of simple ideas to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day in 2020.
Sustainability Committee Meetings
Sustainability Committee meetings are held at the LWSD Resource Center in Redmond. Most meetings are from 10am-11:30am. Date or time changes will be communicated to local chairs prior to the meeting.
- October 10, 2019
- November 14, 2019 (location TBD)
- December 12, 2019
- January 16, 2020
- February 20, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- April 16, 2020
- May 14, 2020 (location TBD)
- June 11, 2020
Sustainability Resource Sites
- Lake Washington School District Sustainability
- City of Kirkland Sustainability Master Plan
- King County Green Schools Program
- Sustainability Ambassadors
To learn more please contact the LWPTSA Sustainability Chair at email@example.com