Now’s the time to get rolling. We’re all attending school from home and a PTA to facilitate connections between families and school can be helpful for all. Membership is an important part of your school having a louder voice. Speaking of louder, follow the steps below to turn your membership drive up to 11!
- Pick a theme
- Create your membership form as a pdf or printable image
- Work with your office staff to determine the best way to receive mail, make sure the mailing address is on your form.
- Work with your website person to set up online membership purchases. Include a link to the printable form for people who don’t want to pay online.
- Ask your board members (or a test group) to purchase their memberships for the year to test the online purchase process
- Make changes if you need to
- Email everyone who was a member of your PTA last year and invite them to join.
- Include link to first meeting
- Include goals for the year
- Include a thank you for your past support
- Include any promotion/contest
- Add your request to join & any contest everywhere (social media, signs at school, newsletters)
- Add members to memberplanet weekly (skip if joining happens in memberplanet)
- Send a personal thank you to everyone who joins also weekly
- Repeat steps 1-10 in November and February
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Stay tuned for some online work / Q&A sessions. We’re planning on help sessions for people who sell memberships through memberplanet, through a different website, and for everyone to use the email and broadcast features of memberplanet (very helpful for meeting reminders).