Every elected PTA officer needs to attend one approved training class each year, and at least one officer from each PTA needs to attend PTA & The Law.
LWPTSA Council is working through our AVPs to make training accessible and personal — we’re coming to you!
Here are some upcoming training opportunities — all PTA officers and board members are welcome. Please contact the LWPTSA board member hosting each training with any questions!
- Thursday, Sept 26, 6:30pm — “Roles and Responsibilities of the Board” at Franklin Elementary library (Rose Hill AVP Chitra Ramalingam)
- Friday, Sept. 27, 2:30pm — “Managing Your Non-Profit PTA” at Dickinson Elementary library (Evergreen AVP Andrea Stoppani)
- Friday, Oct. 4, 9:30am — “The Effective VP” at Ella Baker Elementary (Mindy Lincicome)
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, 6:30pm — “Roles and Responsibilities of the Board” at Kirkland Middle School (Kirkland AVP Melissa Stone)
- Friday, Oct. 11, 10am — “Treasurer Basics” at LWSD Resource Center (Treasurer Yumna Amien Green)
- Friday, Oct. 11, 3pm — “Managing Your Non-Profit PTA” with Tesla STEM High School (Jay Pulacode)
- Tuesday, Oct. 22, 7pm — “Roles and Responsibilities of the Board” at Finn Hill Middle School (Finn Hill AVP Diane Devlyne-Thompson)
- Saturday, Nov. 2, 12:30pm — “PTA and the Law” at LWSD Resource Center — register online
- Contact your AVP if you want us to plan a training with your PTA!
Washington State PTA has scheduled two PTA and the Law webinars this fall.